By Priscilla Roberts
Drawing on revealing new examine, this richly informative quantity is the definitive concise creation to the predicament that took the area to the edge of nuclear war.
• seventy three alphabetically equipped entries that supply useful insights into the leaders, occasions, and concepts that formed the Cuban Missile Crisis
• greater than a dozen professional participants representing all nations inquisitive about the crisis
• Seven fundamental resource records, together with President Kennedy's speech to the yank public and letters exchanged among optimal Kruschev and Fidel Castro
• Biographies of significant figures, together with the Kennedys, Nikita Khrushchev, Fidel Castro, Adlai Stevenson, and Valerian Zorin
• a radical chronology outlining all key occasions sooner than, in the course of, and after the crisis
• A accomplished bibliography at the problem, together with an important variety of fresh guides that experience introduced new realizing of the clash to light
Read Online or Download Cuban Missile Crisis: The Essential Reference Guide PDF
Similar military history books
Gordon's ebook unearths a magnificent mastery of the archival and secondary assets to be had at the topic. His writing is crisp and fascinating, but sober and scholarly even as. The bold and creative males of the British barren region forces have came upon a historian whose skill to inform their tale suits their skill to create probably the most bold and ingenious operations of global battle II.
Containing essays via prime chilly conflict students, reminiscent of Wilfried Loth, Geir Lundestad and Seppo Hentilä, this quantity deals a broad-ranging exam of the historical past of détente within the chilly warfare. the 10 years from 1965 to 1975 marked a deep transformation of the bipolar foreign approach of the chilly warfare.
" whilst the japanese Imperial Forces invaded the Philippine Islands on the onset of global warfare II, they speedy rounded up Allied electorate on Luzon and imprisoned them as enemy extraterrestrial beings. those captured civilians have been handled inhumanely from the beginning, and information of the atrocities dedicated via the enemy quickly unfold to the extra distant islands to the south.
The chief of 1 of the main winning U. S. Marine lengthy diversity reconnaissance groups through the Vietnam struggle, Andrew Finlayson recounts his team’s reviews within the 12 months prime as much as the Tet Offensive of 1968. utilizing fundamental assets, corresponding to Marine Corps unit histories and his personal weekly letters domestic, he offers a hugely own account of the damaging missions carried out via this workforce of younger Marines as they hunted for North Vietnamese military and Viet Cong devices in such risky locales as Elephant Valley, the Enchanted wooded area, Charlie Ridge, chuffed Valley and the Que Son Mountains.
- San Francisco in World War II (Images of America)
- Combatant Commands: Origins, Structure, and Engagements (Praeger Security International)
- The Ordeal of Captain Roeder: From the Diary of an Officer in the First Battalion of Hessian Lifeguards During the Moscow Campaign of 1812-13: Volume 18 ... Editions: Military and Naval History)
- A Gunner in Lee's Army: The Civil War Letters of Thomas Henry Carter (Civil War America)
Additional info for Cuban Missile Crisis: The Essential Reference Guide
Cuban Missile Crisis: The Essential Reference Guide by Priscilla Roberts