By Jacki Willson
Read or Download Being Gorgeous: Feminism, Sexuality and the Pleasures of the Visual (International Library of Cultural Studies) PDF
Best gender studies books
Whilst former heavyweight champion Jim Jeffries got here out of retirement at the fourth of July, 1910 to struggle present black heavywight champion Jack Johnson in Reno, Nevada, he boasted that he was once doing it "for the only objective of proving white guy is best than a negro. " Jeffries, although, was once trounced.
A feminist and psychoanalytic research of the modern fascination with impersonation. The questions raised via lady impersonations in a variety of modern media are considered.
Bachelor Thesis from the yr 2013 within the topic girls experiences / Gender stories, grade: 1,0, Vienna collage of Economics and company (Gender- und Diversitätmanagement), language: English, summary: the subsequent Bachelor’s thesis bargains with the (re-)production of gender-related and ethnic stereotypes in lively video clips a part of the Disney Princess franchise.
Menstruation is a subject that is either daily and delicate. From Leviticus to Pliny, to twentieth-century debates round 'menotoxin', to ads and 'having the painters in', Victoria Newton's ebook deals a full of life and cutting edge exploration of the social and cultural dimensions of menstruation.
- Women, Urbanization and Sustainability: Practices of Survival, Adaptation and Resistance (Gender, Development and Social Change)
- Between Profits and Primitivism: Shaping White Middle-Class Masculinity in the U.S., 1880-1917 (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Masculinity: Bodies, Movies, Culture (AFI Film Readers)
- Gender and the Negotiation of Daily Life in Mexico, 1750-1856 (The Mexican Experience)
- Age of Oprah: Cultural Icon for the Neoliberal Era (Media and Power)
Additional resources for Being Gorgeous: Feminism, Sexuality and the Pleasures of the Visual (International Library of Cultural Studies)
Being Gorgeous: Feminism, Sexuality and the Pleasures of the Visual (International Library of Cultural Studies) by Jacki Willson