By Casey Ryan Kelly
Read Online or Download Abstinence Cinema: Virginity and the Rhetoric of Sexual Purity in Contemporary Film PDF
Similar gender studies books
While former heavyweight champion Jim Jeffries got here out of retirement at the fourth of July, 1910 to struggle present black heavywight champion Jack Johnson in Reno, Nevada, he boasted that he was once doing it "for the only goal of proving white guy is healthier than a negro. " Jeffries, although, used to be trounced.
A feminist and psychoanalytic research of the modern fascination with impersonation. The questions raised via girl impersonations in quite a lot of modern media are considered.
Bachelor Thesis from the yr 2013 within the topic girls reviews / Gender reviews, grade: 1,0, Vienna college of Economics and enterprise (Gender- und Diversitätmanagement), language: English, summary: the next Bachelor’s thesis bargains with the (re-)production of gender-related and ethnic stereotypes in lively videos a part of the Disney Princess franchise.
Menstruation is a subject that is either daily and delicate. From Leviticus to Pliny, to twentieth-century debates round 'menotoxin', to ads and 'having the painters in', Victoria Newton's booklet bargains a full of life and leading edge exploration of the social and cultural dimensions of menstruation.
- Son Preference: Sex Selection, Gender and Culture in South Asia
- Soziologische Geschlechterforschung: Eine Einführung (Studienskripten zur Soziologie) (German Edition)
- Gender and Land Tenure in the Context of Disaster in Asia (SpringerBriefs in Environment, Security, Development and Peace)
- Zwischen Vorbild und Verdacht: Wie Männer im Erzieherberuf Männlichkeit konstruieren (Geschlecht und Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
- The Intermediate Sex: A Study of Some Transitional Types of Men and Women: Volume 8 (Routledge Revivals: The Collected Works of Edward Carpenter)
Extra resources for Abstinence Cinema: Virginity and the Rhetoric of Sexual Purity in Contemporary Film
Abstinence Cinema: Virginity and the Rhetoric of Sexual Purity in Contemporary Film by Casey Ryan Kelly