By Mark D. Stansbury-O'Donnell
Offering a different mixture of thematic and chronological research, this hugely illustrated, attractive textual content explores the wealthy ancient, cultural, and social contexts of 3,000 years of Greek artwork, from the Bronze Age during the Hellenistic period.
- Uniquely intersperses chapters dedicated to significant classes of Greek paintings from the Bronze Age in the course of the Hellenistic interval, with chapters containing discussions of vital contextual issues throughout all the periods
- Contextual chapters illustrate how various components, reminiscent of the city setting, gender, markets, and cross-cultural touch, encouraged the advance of art
- Chronological chapters survey the looks and improvement of key creative genres and discover how artifacts and structure of the time replicate those styles
- Offers quite a few enticing and informative pedagogical gains to aid scholars navigate the topic, equivalent to timelines, theme-based textboxes, key phrases outlined in margins, and extra readings.
- Information is gifted in actual fact and contextualized in order that it truly is available to scholars despite their earlier point of knowledge
- A publication better half web site is on the market at www.wiley.gom/go/greekart with the subsequent assets: PowerPoint slides, word list, and timeline
Read or Download A History of Greek Art PDF
Similar art history books
An excellent Theater is a wide-ranging, inspiring documentary historical past of the yank theatre stream as advised by means of the visionaries who goaded it into being. This anthology collects over 40 essays, manifestos, letters and speeches which are each one brought and positioned in ancient context through the famous author and humanities commentator, Todd London, who spent approximately a decade assembling this assortment.
"Lion Dance Drawing" is a amazing publication and represents the 1st try to educate the enjoyment of drawing a really particular subject—the chinese language lion dance. loved for hundreds of years, the lion dance has introduced pleasure to humans all over the world. Its brilliant colours and dramatic circulation captures the essence of chinese language tradition.
Jean Hélion, the French painter who died at eighty-three in 1987, introduced jointly in his copious and crucial writing on artwork the theoretical authority of the highbrow and the elemental insights of the craftsman in his studio. His writing prolonged through the 5 a long time or extra of his profession.
Facharbeit (Schule) aus dem Jahr 2014 im Fachbereich Kunst - Kunstgeschichte, be aware: 15 Punkte, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die Fragestellung dieser Facharbeit im Seminarfach „Kunst und Kultur im Deutschland der Zwanziger und Dreißiger Jahre“ lautet „Coco Chanel – Wegbereiterin eines modernen Frauenbildes?
- Systems We Have Loved: Conceptual Art, Affect, and the Antihumanist Turn
- Contemporary Art: World Currents
- Italian Humanist Photography from Fascism to the Cold War
- Aesthetic Revolutions and Twentieth-Century Avant-Garde Movements
- Pompeii: An Archaeological Guide
- Art of the Buckle
Extra info for A History of Greek Art
A History of Greek Art by Mark D. Stansbury-O'Donnell