By Richard Burns,Joseph Siracusa
Written through preeminent authors within the box, this e-book presents an available worldwide narrative of the nuclear hands race due to the fact 1945 that specializes in the jobs of key scientists, army chiefs, and political leaders.
• Makes the case that nuclear weaponry progressively assumed political stature and got here to dominate high-level diplomatic activity
• Describes inherent difficulties posed via quite a few supply platforms of nuclear weaponry
• attracts connections among army approach and nuclear fingers keep an eye on efforts in addition to anti-missile systems
• Identifies and assesses post-Cold warfare concerns in facing nuclear terrorism
Read or Download A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar military history books
Gordon's e-book unearths a magnificent mastery of the archival and secondary assets to be had at the topic. His writing is crisp and engaging, but sober and scholarly whilst. The bold and creative males of the British wilderness forces have stumbled on a historian whose skill to inform their tale fits their skill to create essentially the most bold and imaginitive operations of global warfare II.
Containing essays through prime chilly battle students, corresponding to Wilfried Loth, Geir Lundestad and Seppo Hentilä, this quantity deals a broad-ranging exam of the heritage of détente within the chilly warfare. the 10 years from 1965 to 1975 marked a deep transformation of the bipolar overseas approach of the chilly conflict.
" while the japanese Imperial Forces invaded the Philippine Islands on the onset of worldwide warfare II, they speedy rounded up Allied voters on Luzon and imprisoned them as enemy extraterrestrial beings. those captured civilians have been handled inhumanely from the beginning, and information of the atrocities devoted by way of the enemy quickly unfold to the extra distant islands to the south.
The chief of 1 of the main winning U. S. Marine lengthy variety reconnaissance groups in the course of the Vietnam warfare, Andrew Finlayson recounts his team’s reviews within the yr major as much as the Tet Offensive of 1968. utilizing fundamental resources, akin to Marine Corps unit histories and his personal weekly letters domestic, he provides a hugely own account of the harmful missions carried out through this group of younger Marines as they sought for North Vietnamese military and Viet Cong devices in such risky locales as Elephant Valley, the Enchanted wooded area, Charlie Ridge, chuffed Valley and the Que Son Mountains.
- From Classroom to Battlefield: Victoria High School and the First World War
- Four Stars of Valor: The Combat History of the 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment in World War II
- 39 DIVISION Divisional Troops Royal Army Medical Corps Divisional Field Ambulance Workshop Unit, 82 Sanitary Section, 50 Mobile Veterinary Section : 4 ... (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2579/2-4)
- A South American War
- These Honored Dead: The History of The American Civil War
- The Gestapo on Trial: Evidence from Nuremberg (The Third Reich from Original Sources)
Additional resources for A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International)
A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International) by Richard Burns,Joseph Siracusa