By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st entire, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from major interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main up to date and leading edge examine within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, expertise, and their broader highbrow environments
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
This pioneering publication, first released in 1987, introduced the hot box of social experiences of expertise. It brought a mode of inquiry--social building of know-how, or SCOT--that turned a key a part of the broader self-discipline of technological know-how and know-how stories. The e-book helped the MIT Press form its STS checklist and encouraged the interior know-how sequence.
This booklet consists of chapters that spotlight particularly on technological advancements through exceptional figures within the historical past of MMS (Mechanism and laptop Science). Biographies of recognized scientists also are incorporated to explain their efforts and reports and surveys in their paintings and achievements and a latest interpretation in their legacy are awarded.
Even supposing we often examine know-how as whatever certain to trendy instances, our ancestors started to create the 1st applied sciences thousands of years in the past within the kind of prehistoric instruments and guns. over the years, 8 key applied sciences steadily freed us from the constraints of our animal origins. The fabrication of guns, the mastery of fireside, and the applied sciences of garments and look after appreciably restructured the human physique, allowing us to stroll upright, shed our physique hair, and migrate out of tropical Africa.
Targeting early social media within the arts and arts and at the center function of artistic laptop scientists, artists, and students in shaping the pre-Web social media panorama, Social Media Archeology and Poetics records social media lineage, starting within the Nineteen Seventies with collaborative ARPANET study, neighborhood Memory, PLATO, Minitel, and ARTEX and carrying on with into the Nineteen Eighties and past with the digital Café, artwork Com digital community, Arts twine, the item, and lots of extra.
- Towards Global Action for Appropriate Technology (Pergamon international library of science, technology, engineering, and social studies)
- The Telegraph in America, 1832–1920 (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology)
- The Friendly Orange Glow: The Untold Story of the PLATO System and the Dawn of Cyberculture
- What Do Science, Technology, and Innovation Mean from Africa? (MIT Press)
- Southern Water, Southern Power: How the Politics of Cheap Energy and Water Scarcity Shaped a Region
Extra info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks